- In his book Fed Up!, Rick Perry called Social Security a Ponzi scheme and said it was unconstitutional, but now that he's got his eye on the White House, Perry and his campaign are distancing from those statements.
- New Democratic Party Leader Jack Layton Dies of Cancer Age 61 - Indian Country Today Media Network.cCanada grieves as New Democratic Party Leader Jack Layton, champion of aboriginal rights and beloved by many, dies of cancer at age 61.
- As always, State of the Re:Union is looking for ways to inspire community. In order to do that, SOTRU seeks out what folks are doing in their neighborhoods
- Many organizations have partnered with Bioneers to feature content from the annual Bioneers Conference in communities across the US. This unique opportunity allows you to connect with other concerned individuals in your local area as well as with others across the United States
- Michele Bachmann, Ron Paul, Rick Perry and Mitt Romney all achieve roughly equal results against Barack Obama in a new Gallup poll of registered voters.
- Despite some very important lawsuits, agreements, and legislative actions, voting rights in Indian Country are severely limited. Native Americans have had to fight to win the right to vote the way GIs had to fight the Germans in France and Germany—one block at a time.
- « Study Reveals: Male Bisexuals Exist | Main 08/22/2011 --> Iowa Teen Beaten to Death by Mob in Anti-Gay Attack: VIDEO The fatal beating of 19-year-old Marcellus Andrews last Friday in Waterloo, Iowa (recently in the news for being Michele Bachmann's home town ) by a group of unknown assailants
SUMMARY Another Crack in the DOMA - The Obama administration announces a new immigration policy that could end deportation threats hanging over the heads of foreign national gays and lesbians in the U.S. illegally who are in same-gender unions with American citizens